For more information or a free physician referral, call MedLine®
at (423) 622-6848.
Our family of hospitals is proud to serve greater Chattanooga, southeastern Tennessee and north Georgia with the highest quality rehabilitation and physical therapy programs.
Our physical, occupational and speech therapists help patients get back to life quickly, with programs designed to help each patient reach the highest possible level of independence. Parkridge offers both an inpatient and outpatient program for the treatment of the following:
- Athletic conditioning
- Car accidents
- Ligament injuries
- On-the-job injuries
- Postsurgical rehabilitation from knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, wrist, foot and ankle procedures
- Postsurgical rehabilitation from spine procedures
- Sports injuries
- Tendon injuries
- Therapies for the treatment of back, neck, hip, knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist or ankle injuries
Convenient Outpatient Physical Therapy
We are located on the First Floor of the Diagnostic Center, across from the Parkridge Medical Center main campus in downtown Chattanooga. Ample, free handicapped parking is available in front of the building. Our therapy patients can have lab work done at the adjacent hospital, eliminating the hassle of a trip to a separate location. We provide prompt appointments to avoid long waits and to accommodate busy schedules.
Commitment to Quality
The goal is to get you back to your old self - or better - as quickly as possible. The Parkridge Therapy team features fully licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists who work one-on-one with patients to ensure the best outcomes. State-of-the-art equipment in a spacious setting guarantees our patients the most comfortable and effective treatment possible.
Some of our common practices include:
- Manual and standardized evaluation
- Heat/cold therapy
- Paraffin treatment
- Electrical stimulation
- Iontophoresis (electrical current delivered treatment)
- Phonophoresis (ultrasound treatment)
- Scar remodeling
- Custom splinting
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Isokinetic strengthening/testing for athletes
- McKenzie certified therapist on staff
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Speech/language therapy for articulation, word retrieval and comprehension deficits
- Cognitive/linguistic therapy for problem solving, short term recall and abstract reasoning deficits
- Dysphagia therapy for swallowing deficits, including electrical stimulation combined with traditional treatments
- Voice therapy for vocal fold paralysis or weakness
We accept most major insurance plans, including military and workman's compensation, and work with each patient to ensure that financial constraints do not interfere with recovery.