Cardiovascular Procedures and Care
Our cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, electrophysiologists and interventional cardiologists use leading-edge technology and innovative procedures to provide comprehensive heart care to residents of Chattanooga and its surrounding areas.
As a certified Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, we have a dedicated team of specialists ready to rapidly treat heart attacks as soon as patients enter our doors. Our experienced team of specialists – which includes cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and electrophysiologists, among others – has served the southeastern Tennessee and north Georgia communities for more than 20 years. They diagnose and treat many types of heart ailments, ranging from common chest pain to heart attack, and partner with patients to manage chronic conditions such as hypertension, congestive heart failure and heart disease.
Leaders in Cardiovascular Care
Our electrophysiologists were the first in the Chattanooga area to:
- Implant an MRI-compatible implantable cardiac defibrillator
- Use the Left Atrial Appendage Closure Implant to reduce stroke risk in atrial fibrillation (AFib) patients
- Perform the Convergent Procedure to treat AFib that persists after ablation procedures
Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of premature death and disability in the United States, and finding the right healthcare partner is the first step toward creating a prevention plan. Parkridge Health heart specialists will be there every step of the way, from preventive care through treatment and cardiac rehabilitation.
Vascular Services at Parkridge Health
Parkridge Medical Center has earned Disease-Specific Care Certification as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center from The Joint Commission, which means we provide potentially lifesaving treatment to patients when they need it the most. The processes we have in place ensure patients who exhibit signs of stroke are promptly assessed, diagnosed and treated.
The Heart Center at Parkridge Health offers a wide array of diagnostic imaging services, interventional procedures and minimally invasive treatment options for cardiac patients.
- Cardiac Catheterization (Cath Lab)
- Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Heart And Vascular Surgery
- 64-slice Cardiac CT for 3D Imaging Technology
- AFib Ablation
- Valve Replacement and Repair
- Holter Monitoring
- MUGA Scan
- MAZE & Mini-MAZE
- Minimally Invasive Bypass Surgery (MID CABG)
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TMR)
- Cardiac CT
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Electrocardiogram (ECG Or EKG)
- Doppler Ultrasound
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Stress ECG/EKG
- Tilt Table Test
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
- Vascular Ultrasound Studies
- Nuclear Myocardial Imaging
Know the Symptoms of Heart Attack
Call 911 if you experience any of the following:
- Chest pain with burning, pressure or tightness
- Cold sweat
- Heart palpitations
- Pain in the jaw or upper arm area
- Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing
- Unexplained anxiety
- Weakness or fatigue
Care Assure is our commitment to provide excellent follow-up care. The program was created to ensure patients receive appropriate care following hospital visits. Clinically trained nurse navigators support patients after discharge from the hospital by answering questions and facilitating follow-up appointments.
By taking a broad view of patient care, Care Assure helps to improve disease management during the transition from the hospital back into the community.