The pastoral program at Parkridge Health System serves patients, families and colleagues through pastoral leadership, empathetic listening, engaging educational opportunities and support in crisis and grief. Respecting all spiritual faiths and beliefs, we work to connect with those experiencing a time in life when the comfort of a trusted and attentive spiritual advisor is welcome.
Our chaplains stand committed to caring for the spiritual needs of patients, families and colleagues. Spiritual support is provided to people of all faith traditions as well as those wishing to explore spiritual questions and concerns that may arise while in the hospital. Spirituality plays an important role in the healing process. Our chaplains help people deal with issues of fear, loneliness, ethical values, questions of meaning, hopelessness and hope. May we help you?
A visit with a trained, compassionate chaplain is only a call or a few clicks away.
Reasons You Might Like to Speak With a Chaplain:
- You would like your community clergy person to come and visit, but you don't know how to contact him or her.
- You would like someone to pray with you for extra strength possibly before a surgery or just because it helps make you feel better.
- You have spiritual questions or concerns you would like to explore
- You seek communion, anointing, baptism or a blessing for yourself or a child while in the hospital.
- You would like to talk to someone who is not a physician or nurse, or is not somehow involved in your physical care.
- There is an ethical question that is bothering you and you would like a safe person to talk to.
- You are frightened and would like someone to be with you and listen, if necessary.
- You are mourning the loss of a loved one and would like to find supportive resources.
Each member of our chaplain team seeks to provide resources from an individual’s own faith or spiritual tradition and is available to help patients and families explore the comfort and hope these traditions provide.
If you would like to contact our chaplain, please call (423) 493-1747 or complete the online form here.
All fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
The form was submitted successfully.